Testing Audio

Is there a way to test the audio warning which is generated in your headset. Ie. To check the Audio warning during pre flight.

Hi
The only way to test the sound is to go to menu / security and alert and test the sound.
No testing button for preflight exists.

Fly safe.

Thank you Xtof.

Rgds

Glenn

Hi I don’t seem to be able to adjust the volume for traffic warnings and it has gone very quiet

Hi, you can adjust the volume with your phone or tablet volume cursor

Hi
Thanks for reply

I’m running on I pad mini . Volume cranked to max still barely audible traffic warnings?…

1 Like

I’m running on I Phone SE new generation in Connection with a Bose A 20 Headset . Volume cranked to max still barely audible traffic warnings too ?

1 Like

We’ll check it with the dev team. Thanks for your comments.

Hi @Jonny, @GlennP,

The volume of alerts in the SafeSky app is tied to your device’s “Ringtone and Alert” volume level. Unfortunately, and for obvious reasons, Apple does not allow applications to modify this setting, so you might need to adjust this setting your-self. Follow these quick steps:

1. Open the Settings on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Sounds & Haptics.
  3. In the Sounds & Haptics settings, you’ll see a section called “Ringtone and Alert Volume”.
  4. Increase the slider under “Ringtone and Alert Volume” to the desired level.

See attached screenshots for reference.

This should amplify the volume of alerts in the SafeSky app. Do not hesitate to get back to us if you have any further queries!

Perfect answer thankyou

As you are a wiz with apple - I would like to do now is be able to have radio app running and SafeSky ,then when there is a traffic warning for the music to mute for the warning duration .

I can do this but unlike the maps app where the music returns to original volume after road instruction , with SafeSky radio app doesn’t resume .

Any way round this that you know of?

Thank you for this particular report, @Jonny. We’ve never received this specific feedback about sound pausing and resuming, but after testing ourselves, we agree – it’s definitely a potential area for improvement.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any workaround for now. However, we will certainly consider examining this issue in greater detail along with scheduled developments for our future updates.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback!

I can confirm this. I have tried using SafeSky on both my iPad mini and my iPhone whilst being connected to different aviation headsets (Bose A30, Lightspeed Zulu) and the alerts from Safesky during flight are barely audible. I have the bluetooth volume turned up to maximum and even then the sound is far too quiet. If, however, I then play a song on Spotify or receive an SMS during flight, the sound is then near deafening. Something really needs to be done here guys!

This kind of solves the issue in SafeSky, but unfortunately this also makes other alerts incredibly loud. SkyDemon alerts for example are perfectly audible without having to adjust the alert volume in the IOS settings. By cranking up the alert volume to maximum for the SafeSky app, you then make other alerts unbearably louds, including the ring tone. The problem would appear to be that alerts for the SafeSky app are inherently set at a low level. It would be great if you could look into this please.

We are working on a new version of the app.
We’ve taken note of your comments and we’re going to improve on this point.

Thank you for your help in improving SafeSky.