Missing ADSB Traffic

I’ve been using SafeSky in conjunction with SkyEcho for a few weeks now. My aeroplane is also fitted with ADS-B in/out and FLARM in/out with the traffic which is displayed on a Garmin glass panel. I only bought the SkyEcho for use when flying in planes that have no traffic system and thought it would be interesting to run the two systems side by side. The SafeSky has altered me early to traffic that is non ADSB/FLARM and I will continue to use it but I have a question for SafeSky. Why would SafeSky not be seeing ADSB traffic? I had an incident recently were my system altered me in advance of an aircraft that was on a direct collision course with me and so I dropped down 400 feet. There was also a Leonardo A109S close by which also showed up with position and height information. Neither of these aircraft appeared on SkyDemon or the SafeSky App Radar despite having a 4G signal, is it possible to look back and see if SafeSky was receiving date on the three of us? My Hex code 40224D, this is not tracked by FR24.

1 Like

Dear @MarkMacGTSAS,

Thanks for your message.
We will try to take a look on your flight and find more information.
However, it is possible that no ground station could have detected the ADS-B traffic you encountered, which would explain the invisibility of this traffic on SafeSky. This is rare and may depend on the coverage of ground stations.

Kind regards,

Hi Christophe,

That could explain what happened that day, West Wales is a bit remote, blocked by high hills and very little civilisation and I’m sure there are few ground stations in that part of the world.

Must admit I was a bit skeptical of the use of SafeSky but am finding it more and more useful. Here in the UK very little GA flies above 4500 due to airspace restrictions which your app perfect.

Mark.

| xtof Leader
September 26 |

• | - |

Dear @MarkMacGTSAS,

Thanks for your message.
We will try to take a look on your flight and find more information.
However, it is possible that no ground station could have detected the ADS-B traffic you encountered, which would explain the invisibility of this traffic on SafeSky. This is rare and may depend on the coverage of ground stations.

Kind regards,

2 Likes

Hello @MarkMacGTSAS

Thanks for your reply.
Your message is very motivating for our team.

May I ask you if you authorise us to share your message on our website as a testimonial?

Like This:
“Must admit I was a bit skeptical of the use of SafeSky but am finding it more and more useful. Here in the UK very little GA flies above 4500 due to airspace restrictions which your app perfect.”
Mark - UK Pilot

Thanks in advance

Yes please do.

| xtof Leader
September 28 |

• | - |

Hello @MarkMacGTSAS

Thanks for your reply.
Your message is very motivating for our team.

May I ask you if you authorise us to share your message on our website as a testimonial?

Like This:
“Must admit I was a bit skeptical of the use of SafeSky but am finding it more and more useful. Here in the UK very little GA flies above 4500 due to airspace restrictions which your app perfect.”
Mark - UK Pilot

Thanks in advance