HOWTO Android -> iPad (Wifi only)

A voor Android (Smartphone) - i voor iPad (Wifi only) - Premium account is nodig.

1. A: Mobiele hotspot aanzetten
  2. i: verbinden met hotspot.
  3. i: Noteer IP-adres
    4.A: Safesky starten - settings - Traffic delen - Geef het IP adres op (zie stap 3)
    5.A: OPSTIJGEN
    6: i: Skydemon - Go Flying - GDL90
  • Resultaat: GPS en SS targets van de telefoon op de iPad.

Als de hotspot om een of andere reden wegvalt, of SS wordt gestopt op Android, dan geeft SD aan “Device Offline for XX seconds” tot er terug verbinding is.

*Zodra de hotspot opnieuw aan gezet wordt, verandert het IP adres, en moeten stappen 3-4-5 opnieuw gedaan worden. Er is geen mogelijkheid om een statisch IP te configureren.
*Automatische software detectie werkt niet (SS heeft en vraagt geen toestemming om naar andere apps te kijken in het netwerk op Android.)
*https://www.safesky.app/en/devices geeft aan dat het ook moet werken in de standby modus, maar dat werkt bij mij niet.

Ik zou graag een manier hebben om stappen 3-4-5 te kunnen overslaan.

Thanks for your email.
We are looking asap in order to give you the correct answer / solution.

Your request is sent to our DEV team

Hello @Hans,

Thanks a lot for the detailed description.

For your first question, If the hotspot is to disconnect, then it’s unfortunatly expected that SkyDemon complains with a “Waiting for a Fix” message. The issue is not related to SafeSky, but to SkyDemon which is expecting a GPS position to come from GDL90 along side with traffic information. We are currently having a dialog with SkyDemon to discuss options so that in the case of SafeSky, the device running SkyDemon would acquire it’s position from the device itself, and avoid such scenario.

For the automatic discovery, this should work out of the box if your android device is not configured with any hotspot IP overrides. So that we could make a diagnostic, could you please:

• provide us with an example of the IP address you have to enter in safesky (so that we can see what range is allocated)
  • enable under preferences → legal → sent anonymous data

and connect again your android and iPad together and start from SafeSky with automatic discovery activated.

We should then be able to see what’s happening.

Fly Safe,

Tristan