Safesky on Skydemon (HELP)

Hello @AML ,

Do you confirm you started SkyDemon using GDL90?

If so, then SafeSky is communicating successfully to SkyDemon (since you have a GPS fix). Therefore, you need to check the filters on both SafeSky and SkyDemon that could prevent traffic from showing up.

1 - In SafeSky the bottom left icon: the radar filters out traffic from below and above 2000 feet by default: maximise this value for the sofa test

2 - In SafeSky traffic sharing: set the “Traffic range” to max.

3 - In Sky Demon, navigation options: ensure that the vertical filter is greater than 5000 feet

I would expect traffic to appear in SkyDemon.

Please let me know,

Tristan

Thanks - it now works in sofa mode

I have exactly the same issue,…all settings are perfect, filters are maximized, I get a GPS fix on my iPhone were SafeSky and SkyDemon are running together, but most of the time NO traffic is showing up. Sometimes for a short while I see traffic but not for long. I am a Premium user …Help

Please check filters to be sure to see maximum traffics.

-5000’ +5000’ - Range max

Keep in your mind that it is impossible to see less traffic than other pilots using SafeSky.

Keep me posted
Best regards.

Hi Tristan
I am also having trouble trying to see traffic the last image shown above shows SE2 turned off my SE2 provides my Wi Fi when I take off on SafeSky I do not see any traffic I have tried it with GLD90 still nothing ,
What should I do ,I have purchased the premium but still nothing helps

Many thanks

Hello @Eastlodge22 ,

I just check your account setting, and everything is set as expected from SafeSky.

Could you please precise if you are running both SafeSky and SkyDemon on the same device?

In practice, see the video above. The steps are as following:

• Add your phone or tablet to the SkyEcho Wifi
  • Enable SkyDemon traffic sharing in SafeSky
  • Enable SkyEcho external device on SafeSky
  • Configure SkyDemon in “Third party devices” with GDL90

That’s it. At that point, without SafeSky, please confirm that tSkyEcho is seeing position and traffic to SkyDemon as usual.

Then simply “Take off” from SafeSky and ‘Take off’ from SkyDemon using “GDL90” instead of “Location service”.

Both traffic from SafeSky and SkyEcho will show off.

Please confirm if this is working for you?

Fly Safe,

Tristan

Hi Tristan
Many thanks for your quick reply ,
I’m still not seeing any thing ,when I’m on the home wi fi I can see all traffic on SafeSky
When I log in to SE2 Wi Fi & GPS I see no traffic on SafeSky

I am only using one iPad for flying ,
I’m hoping to fly in the next few days I will try again when airborne not sure if that will make any difference?

Best regards

Gordon Clouting
100 London street
Swaffham
Norfolk
PE37 7DX

Hi Tristan
I think I may have found the problem ,it looks like I need a SIM card in my iPad to receive SafeSky ,

Best regards

Yes, of course… Without mobile internet, no traffic.
You can share internet with your phone, and make traffic visible on the tablet without SIM card.

Fly Safe.

I’ve been using Safesky with SkyDemon on my iPad for about a year with no issues.
Today, for the first time, I couldn’t overlay the SafeSky onto the SkyDemon display- I kept getting ‘Searching for device’ message with no navigation info on the SkyDemon.
I could use the SafeSky display on its own with traffic displayed,
or, I could use SkyDemon on its own for navigation, but not the two together.
I haven’t changed any settings from previous flights when it worked fine.
Any ideas appreciated.

Hola, has pulsado despegar en Safesky?.
Espero te haya ayudado.
Saludos.

All my settings seem to be correct and still can’t get SafeSky to display on SkyDemon on my iPad.
Just paid €34.99 to upgrade to premium to see if that might help. Nothing happening so far.
How long does it take for Premium to become active after payment?

hi @shaking
Could you please contact us on support@safesky.app.
And share a screenshot of the setting page of SafeSky.

Mention also android or iOS, way to buy SafeSky (Apple Store, Google or SafeSky website)

We will help you to fix this, of course.

Best regards;