Safesky running in the background for alerts on Android

Hello, thank you for this beautiful app! Talking of Android platform, I was wondering if there is a way (or is planned to be) to have Safesky run in the background and providing the pilot with traffic alerts, when on the screen is running something else, e.g. a navigation software.
I also tried with multi screen mode on my Samsung S10e, but on a telephone both app would be hardly readable.
Thank you!

Hi Alf,

Thanks for your message! Fully running SafSky in background mode with a navigation software on-screen is arriving very soon! We are testing now before the release. And even more is coming within 2-3 weeks. It will be great!
Paul

1 Like

Great, thank you!

It will be very usefull.

1 Like

Hello, any news on the desired feature?
Alf

Is the background running implemented now?

I know this might be hard to get working on all device as they all have their own power management that can shut down app even if you don’t want them to.

If this function is in the current version now, how can I reliably test if it works on my device besides flying with a fellow pilot in close proximity?

Hello @Danny_D ,

SafeSky running in the background has been working for a long time now. A lot of pilots using a simple phone and a navigation software on the front are simple keeping SafeSky running in the background for example.

When it comes to iOS, there are no specific settings to configure. However, if you’re using an Android device, it’s important to disable battery management to prevent Android from terminating SafeSky. You can find instructions on how to do this here:

Fly Safe,

Tristan

1 Like