Not permanently displayed traffic

Hi, I’m having an issue with the traffic that is not permanently displayed although I’m within 5g coverage. Within seconds a lot of planes (traffic) disappear while using the app. Seconds after it’s well again but permanently there is a change in the number of displayed traffic Is there any explanation for this phenomenon?

Some adjustments was done.
With the last version, could you check if this issue is persisting?

Best regards,

Unfortunately the issue doesn’t seem to be solved.

Hello,

SafeSky was optimised to reduce traffic information when flying. Depending on the zoom level, the amount returned traffic “far away” from you will vary. When flying using the radar mode, this is perfectly well adapted. When doing “plane spotting” on the ground, it’s not that optimum.

We are going to update this behaviour in a newer version shortly.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Tristan

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem for quite a while and again today in the afternoon. Most of the time Safesky did not show any traffic at all (well only the paragliders were visible permanently). Once in a while some of the traffic was visible for a few seconds, thereafter it disappeared again. Most of the time I had some traffic shown on the built in Powerflarm, but not on Safesky.

Any advice?

Regards
Peter

Hi @pboesch ,

Can you check whether this behaviour is still happening on your phone?
If so, could you send us a short video to the following address: support@safesky.app

Thank you in advance for your help.

After completely reinstalling the app it seemed to work again. Last week I did extended flying and experienced sometimes that some of the traffic disappeared and, some of them appeared later again, some not. There seems to be a filter active but I could not figure out the filter criteria. If so, please make that filter switchable somewhere in the settings. I would accept a short delay but not a disappearing aircraft in the vicinity.
It happend to me once that there were 3 or 4 aircraft visible and the closest one disappeared just maybe one minute before crossing my track. After it was no factor again, it appeared again. This was quite frightening.