SafeSky Phantom Planes 24/7

Hi!

I have a “SafeSky equipped” something (OE-DTB) in the area of my Homebase that is present 24/7 but effectively never moves. It is only shown with SafeSky. In any other web based tracking program it’s not there. What could be done to get rid of such phantom planes?

Best regards,

Wolfgang

it looks like somebody startet the app on ground and started “flying”, then the airplane pops up in the map. and didnt stopped it…

would be good to filter them out… after some idle time?

I assume at this place is not even an aircraft, just a permanently switched-on mobile phone or terminal. Unfortunately, this phantom is in the approach sector of LOAV for months now.
Same happens with many paragliders. You can perfectly monitor them long after sunset when they drive home along the road :wink:
Unfotunately, such unreal aircrafts lead to false alarms and disrupt the system. More discipline is needed here.

1 Like

Yes we here in Iceland have one such ghost plane operating here. This is a ground station operated by ISAVIA. They do not respect anything

Good news!
I was pleased to discover that the Phantom aircraft has disappeared from the LOAV approach area. Thanks to whoever.